Friday, July 06, 2007

Speaking of Ron Rogers

Here he is at his booth, next door to the Festival store, and standing in front of the piece that is on the Festival tabloid schedule, which was also the cover of last Friday's Oregonian A&E section.

 


Ron is known for his coffins of dead blues and soul musicians. I have his James Booker coffin on my living room wall.

 


 


This piece is being made into a poster and will be introduced for sale at this year's Bite of Oregon, August 10-12 here at the waterfront.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

BluesSlave said...

If you like Ron's stuff, you should also check out Dan Dalton's art just down the walkway from Ron's booth, next to the Cascade Blues Association Booth. I told Dan recently, at a concert we were at, that I would soon have something of his in my home. It's there now, a box themed on Rev. Gary Davis. I just love this kind of stuff!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting art. We saw his Thelonius Sphere Monk a couple of years ago at the Fest. I loved it, my husabnd was afraid of it but he bought it for me fo Christmas & surprised me. Still, proudly hanging in our living room!

Jan M.