Wednesday, October 05, 2005

They argued today

The U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments on the Bush challenge to the Oregon Death With Dignity Act today. From all reports, it was not a win for Oregonians. Some reports say rookie Chief Justice Roberts appeared to agreee with Bush.
Should that shock you? Should the next 25 years of his reign shock you? Roberts may well turn out to be the curse of the W that lasts for a century.
I wish I were still writing the screenplay from my book. It was nice to lose myself in. Much better writing funny, than having to think about the gasping for breath of democracy in the U.S.
What's odd is that it seems like the Republicans are trying to drown themselves as hard as they are trying to obliterate any opposition. I guess we'll see if they drag us all down with them, as it currently appears.
As the pub date for my book grows closer, I'll get funnier. Let's hope.

No comments: