Thursday, November 03, 2005

pulling one way/pulling the other

First, the Randm House publicist sent me an advance copy of Mad Magazine with an item about the book in the "Go Fetch" section. They have two parts to each item, "The Hype," which describes the book or dvd or game, etc, and "The Snipe," which is the joke about it.
"The Snipe" in the book item says, "Bolongna! We know for a fact that all of these stories are true! That spineless D'Antoni is back-pedaling because of the Patriot Act!"
Ha! Not a bad idea. I think that when I begin doing interviews, I'm going to say that the stories are indeed all true, and that I lied in the book.
Anyway, it took me only 47 years, from the time I began reading Mad, to this minute to get inside the covers.
What Me Worry?
Second, I found out that the doc didn't get any awards the the NW Film and Video Festival, and then later that docs aren't part of the judgning process.
And then, I got my first round of interviews from the Random House publicist. Chicago, Detroit, L.A., Cincinnati and Tampa..in one morning.
So you see how I'm being pulled one way and then the other? As if trying to get my head around the book and the doc at the same time isn't tough enough!!!
Wool hat boys are almost as bad as Republicans.

No comments: